Sunday, April 19, 2009

Toodles, MSO

Last Friday was my last day at the MSO. The only weird thing about leaving after 7 seasons is how totally normal it felt. Seriously, like I was leaving any other day except with more hugs. My colleagues threw me a great little party and my department chipped in for a digital photo frame for me to take to the new gig. Very sweet. There were a couple of surprises too...former colleagues Eric and Stephen (Eric was the development vp while Stephen was the marketing vp. They are the quintessential odd couple) made special guest appearances. While certainly that alone would have been very nice, what makes it even more surprising is that Eric lives in Fond du Lac and Stephen lives in St. Louis! He had driven to IL the night before and into MKE Friday morning. I was officially surprised.

So after I bid a fond farewell to my awesome office and fantastic view, Stephen followed me to the house to meet G. She took to him right away.

Proof that Brewers and Cardinals fans can get along

It was great to catch up with Stephen and introduce him to our girl. I feel incredibly lucky to have the kind of friends who drive 7 hours for a cup of punch at a work goodbye party!

In other Squishy news, we managed to keep the Amoxicillin out of the fridge for almost 7 months but the plague that hit our house last week landed her with the one-two punch of two ear infections. Big thanks to Grandpa Karl for coming over to watch the patient while I went to the office.

Tomorrow: day 1 at The House. Although I'm arriving in a Honda instead of a Harley, I shall walk in armed with four dozen donuts and a smile. Point for the new girl!

No comments: