Sunday, September 14, 2008

39 weeks - yep, still pregnant

A lot of things did not happen this weekend that we thought might. Due to hurricane Ike both of Matt's playoff games were cancelled so there was no baseball. And although we have been having many conversations with my stomach, baby M did not choose to make her debut. She isn't due for another 9 days, but we are of the belief that she can arrive aaaaaaaany time now (if for no other reason than I don't especially feel like going to work tomorrow. Work with me, baby). My next appointment is on Tuesday - here's hoping I don't make it in.

Meanwhile my uterus and I were the guests of honor at a lovely little neighborhood brunch/shower today. Once again I was totally overwhelmed by people's generosity (this kid will be nothing if not well clothed). I always knew Wauwatosa was where it's at.

And now if you will excuse me, I am going to back to willing myself into labor.

Now you see it...


Now you don't. Tricky, no?

5 comments:

{Emily} said...

Come on Baby M!! Mama wants to meet you! You look amazing S!

Anonymous said...

You are the only person I know that could make a nine month old baby belly disappear! You look great! Here's hoping she doesn't arrive "fashionably late!"

Joss said...

Sarah! You look great! Good luck with your birth; I loved, loved, loved giving birth and can't wait to do it again. Yes, I'm crazy.

hollly said...

Congratulations, Sarah! Lisa P. told me about this blog. I've met you a few times but not for over 5 years!! My sister is due on September 19th and we are all impatient to meet this baby! All of her pregnant friends that were due around her due date (including one friend due with twins in October) have had their babies so she's getting very jealous! Her blog is the top blog listed on my blog roll on the left of my page--Intrepid News--if you want to read about her baby stuff.

It's amazing how you show so much in the profile but no straight on!

Again, congratulations!! So exciting! I hope you have a quick and easy labor and a beautiful, healthy babe. :)

Hollly

kyle and robin said...

we just got the text message - we want a new update here. we're going to start a cyber-riot.